* No Internet *

^[ Met this chonky during vaccination outreach in Mantin ]^


So there was no internet connection at work for the past two days. The only person unbothered by this (minorMAJOR) disturbance is my pharmacist who just sat at the dispensing counter, reading a book. Yes, an actual physical book. Amazing, I know.


I am currently reading Originals by Adam Grant and I love it. But, it is a hard book to finish because each chapter needs at least (for me) three days to digest. I made a lot of discoveries in the book. The latest one was the term "groupthink". I love the book as much as The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. Both are equally mind opening.


Recently, I like reading non-fiction because my career has forced my creativity out the door. I am not creative anymore and I do not have time for fiction. Everything I read needs to teach me a lesson directly, without the frills of metaphors. Yes, this is what happens after almost 10 years of medical practice. I get fiction all the time from patients who make up symptoms to get an MC. I do not enjoy it as a hobby anymore. Sigh. Growing up is painful.


I do enjoy fiction in tv series and movies, though. But, even after I have finished my MBA, I still do not have time for tv. Sigh again. I think it is because school is now at home. So, night time is homework time. I hope we can have less stress at home once school starts physically.


I hope the internet gets fixed tomorrow. I cannot look at my phone's screen anymore. I had migraine today.

Comments

Popular Posts