* Working Out Videos*
I finished my MBA after some two and a half years - it was extended due to the Covid-19 pandemic. So, now I finally (hopefully!) can blog more frequently.
I started working out routinely (again, since a long long time ago) since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. In March 2020, I was quarantined due to being symptomatic. During those early days, every one had to be quarantined for 14 days, no such thing as risk assessment or symptomatic observation. So, during that period, I was super duper bored, naturally, that I started working out again. Amazingly, the habit stuck.
I only used Youtube videos, no specific regime. I started with cardio exercises for beginners. Usually, about 15 to 30 minutes per session. At first, I did it every day because there was nothing else to do. Later, after I started working again, it became weekly. One of the best cardio for beginners videos in Youtube are the ones from Popsugar Fitness - they have LOTS of exercise videos, ranging from HIIT to yoga. Plus, they have different trainers so you can choose which ones are your favourites to follow.
Then, I started walking and my pace was definitely not impressive but we start slow, right? My neighborhood has a lot of stray dogs so naturally walking outside was not a best option. However, I noticed that the dogs usually do not come near if there are like a lot of noise. So, I brought my kids to the "family street" in front of my house. They play their scooters (and made LOTS of noise for only two kids playing) and I would just walk (literally, walk, not even jog) around the area. One lap is about 100 metres or so. In December 2020, my pace was about 18 minutes per km. Nowadays, it is around 13 to 15 minutes per km. I notice significant difference in distance count when comparing my Apple Watch SE with other apps and my treadmill. But that is a post for another day.


Comments