* Static *
So, we will reopen. So, we had to go back to static work. The clinic was closed for about 3 months. Now, we had to clean it and rearrange everything.
Clinics now have to separate fever patients from other patients. Therefore, we had to create a fever zone where patients with fever and upper respiratory symptoms will be isolated from other patients as a precautionary measure. Our clinic was only 2 shop lots combined together in a mall...how was isolating possible?
Thank God for an amazing team.
We arrived at the clinic. Started mapping out the zones. Troubleshooting. Creative thinking. I remember it was only three of us, but we did it. Went out to buy tape to label the zones. Ordered floor stickers. Printed out instructions. Came up with the SOP for triaging. Troubleshoot again - lots of questions were raised. Planned a CME session for the staff. Boss came by because she was worried...but she looked so happy when she saw the setup we did.
"I think you guys already done a good job."
Proudest day.
Everybody came back. Happy faces all over. Some had farewells, some did not. But, good feedback overall. So proud of them. Thankful that I had a great team. Everyone was so cooperative.
One of the things that happened when we reopened was we were ambushed by a group of students from a boarding school who all had flu and cough. I was in the fever zone that day. Jonah. As usual. But, suspicious, don't you think? We informed our district office. It was nothing serious. Just common flu. Sigh of relief. PTSD after being the first clinic exposed to a Covid-19 patient, I guess.
How many times have we changed our operating hours since we opened? I have been here for 3 years...and I have worked in 4 different operating hours. That is how amazing we are as a team - always ready to give our service for the people. I am glad that we are now slowly being recognized as an important member of the health service here. No more forgotten in a list.
When people talk about this particular clinic, they always feel dread to be thrown here; especially the working shift part. But, for me, I am not yet bored of this place. There is always something new happening here. When asked about if I ever plan to transfer out, I tell them that we have different point of views when it comes to workplace. This place actually helped me find my passion; administration and managing people.
I love this small clinic. I think this is the first time I ever said this about a workplace. I will leave eventually, of course. But, for now, I will just enjoy being here.
Enjoyed our peace for about 5 months. Then, another slap from reality.
(I hate tiramisu but I LOVE THIS CAKE!)
***
Imagine Dragons - Next To Me


Comments