* A Kid In Urology Clinic*
Amru started 2020, too. In January 2020, we decided to get him circumcised. It was done as a daycare procedure under sedation. Everything went well. We came in the morning and was back home before 4pm the same day. He was not groggy for long and was able to devour a plate of rice after gaining full consciousness.
Yup. He was alright.
He was also running around, jumping and doing splits the next day. Or was it later in the evening of the op day? Anyways. The wound was slightly infected but I put on some CMC ointment and it healed fine.
The most hilarious incident was when we were in the urologist's office, which was, of course, full of male stuff. Then, Yaya asked innocently, "Gambar apa tu?" and I was like...I think I actually blocked a part of that from my memory because I cannot remember what I answered. Haha.
Remembering back January of 2020 fills me with a kind of sadness. All the excitement; Amru sunat, Yaya starting school, Baji getting married and I was halfway through my MBA...seems so distant now. It felt surreal. Just two months after that we were in MCO and all our lives were upside down.
I wrote a recommendation for IMAX during my finance management subject...saying entertainment is somewhat indestructible because even during the worst times we still need something to cheer us up. Now, cinemas are struggling. Hollywood is struggling to make content.
Adapt or die.
***
Dean Lewis - Be Alright
(Amru's favourite song)

Comments