* Longing *



Just the other day, I had this longing feeling to go shopping at Alexandria.

I miss our shopping trips there; going to all the malls, eating lebanese food and buying new winter jackets. Yup, that last part was our favourite.

I miss cramping together, sleeping beside each other in Ipah's room.

I miss waking up and seeing the sea out of her window.

I miss the walks we used to take by the beach; from her house all the way to the library.

I miss excitedly waking up and looking forward to eating McD breakfast (no McD in Mansoura at that time...)

I miss binge-watching series and doing movie marathons. I remember there was one time Ipah was such a big fan of Bones.

I miss the train ride.

I miss the hustle of finding a taxi, while dragging our suitcases, to go back home when we have arrived back.

I even miss dragging our suitcases in the train station.

I miss eating seafood in the restaurant behind her house.

I miss that big mirror by the staircase.

I miss all of us.

After all, how can you not miss the people whom you lived together with for about 6 years?

I miss my real friends.

***

Faizal Tahir - Gemuruh


gemuruhraya!

Comments

Popular Posts