* #helpuscope *

"I don't think I will ever get over it," she said.
That was when I knew I could not hear any more. I could not. Any more.
She was telling me what happened on that fateful day when she happened to be the one working in our red zone; the day when we received an ambulance call for a Pajero which was hit by a Myvi.
She used to smile every time she comes in for work. We used to joke around while working. Now she smiles when our eyes meet, but, when her eyes look away, they turn into a tunnel of sadness. It makes me wonder, will there ever be a light at the end of that tunnel? Deep down, however, I know there will be. She will emerge stronger, I know. But when?
She talked about her dead mother and her grieving mother. But I just could not hear any more.
Help us cope. Not just us doctors. But the whole team.
***
I need to get this out.
Comments