* Your Heavy Heart Is Made Of Stone *

The hot issue currently is the statement made by our minister of health regarding healthcare workers (especially doctors) have enough rest and are not overworked...because they actually enjoy work and are always ready to serve the people.
That makes us sound like the most terrible people on Earth when we say that we are tired. No! You cannot be tired! Look, I am sure that even the minister during the course of him helping out all his people, feels tired from time to time.
But how can we not be overworked when our HOs work an average of 70 hours per week and our MOs have average 6 oncalls per month? Last month, I had 8 oncalls. I was oncall on 3 out of the 4 weekends. I will be lying if I say I do not feel tired or overworked. But, it does not mean that I am not happy to help my patients.
Of course we are always ready to help. But, you also have to remember that we are human; we have feelings, we have limited capabilities and we are just like you. However, trust me when I say this, we doctors are always trying our very best to get you the best treatment (no matter how much you diss us and lodge complaints).
Be realistic, Mr Minister. Maybe you have forgotten how it is to be a lowly doctor wearing a white coat who everyone expects to do superhuman stuff.
***
My writing...I need some help.
Comments