* Everyday People *

Being in the medical field makes you grow up (at least) twice the rate of a normal adult. You will strain your whole body in this process; especially your brain and your heart.
It is mainly because you deal with people every single day. You meet all kinds of people;
the normal, the best, the worst, the better, the worse, the sick, the not-so-sick, the I-know-better-than-you, the please-help-me-I-think-I-am-dying, the you-are-not-working-hard-enough, the I-just-want-my-MC, the you-had-better-figure-out-what-is-wrong-with-me-or-I'll-sue-you...and the best one yet: the you-figure-it-out-you-are-the-doctor-after-all.
Honestly, being a doctor is not a healthy profession. People may think you are really loving the life and all the drama in it. But, really, you do not even have a life to love. Most of your time is filled with work and other people.
Because doctors, naturally, put other people first before themselves...and that is what, people think, makes the best doctor.
But, for me, the best doctors are the ones who know when to stop. The best doctors know which are their priorities.
"My daughter wanted to be a doctor. So, I asked her, 'are you willing to sacrifice your life for that? Because, if you are not, then just forget about it.' Because I see with my own two eyes how doctors work. For more than forty years I have seen them and I know it is not an easy thing."
- a very kind uncle.
***
Coldplay - Magic
Comments