* Post-Night *



After working for 21 hours, all I want to do when I get back home is NOT be a tired junior doctor.

Due to my maternity leave, I am blessed to be working in this new modified flexi hours in Paeds department. Total working hours for this week is 77 hours. Yeah.

To tell you the honest truth, let's just go back to doing oncalls. At least, when I am not oncall, I get to work office hours...and most importantly, I will have a life.

I know we junior doctors are not expected to have a life. After all, we are the scums of the earth and we are lower than dust. Most of the time, everyone will forget that you are even human.

Plus, the seniors will always remind you of how they got it even worse than us.

I am being a typical whiny HO because I really, really hate this new modified flexi hours.

I hold the babies in SCN more than I hold my own baby. I talk to patients' husbands more than to my own husband. I spend time with strangers' families in the hospital more than with my own family at home.

Yes. Tell me it is only for awhile. Tell me that all this will be over in the next few months. Tell me that it will get better.

But, for now, all I want to do is whine...and be a mother and a wife. Even when my back is screaming and my brain needs rest, I will stay awake and spend time with my family.

Screw you, work. You will never break me. This I promise you.

***


Comments

Popular Posts