* Wow. What Happened To February? *

Ehem. So.
Motherhood.
Ehem.
Hmmm...
No. I am not really going to tell you all about me staying at home alone with my little girl; that sinking feeling every time my husband goes off to work, the anxiety when my little girl wakes up (thinking, "Okay...how long is she going to stay awake now?") and me at my wit's end when she has colic and I am all alone (which is, like, almost every night).
No. I will probably keep that all for later.
Maybe I will write about how I am super scared (but, somehow, maybe, just a little, excited) about starting back work.
Yes, I do feel guilty for thinking like that. Yes, I did google "working mom" from time to time for motivation and tips. I find this article helpful. Most are things I tell myself, to tell you the truth. But I love the quote:
"Mothers need to be happy too. If they find that there is a better balance in happy when she is working, there's nothing wrong with that."
Which is the truth.
One of the lessons that I learned while taking care of my baby alone is; you need to be okay. Babies are tough; most of the time, they are okay. But, you, on the other hand, are a time-bomb. So, you need to keep ticking while taking care of the baby. The baby is okay...and will always be okay as long as you are okay. The key is you.
***
Joshua Radin I'd Rather be with you from Thomas Hicks on Vimeo.
Comments