* My Thoughts Are In The Form Of Memes *

Am I the only mother who has this paranoia regarding uploading my baby's pictures online?
Each time I post a picture of her online, I will be thinking at the back of my mind, "What if it ends up as a meme?"
Have you ever thought of it? All those memes with baby pictures must belong to someone, a real human being; someone's child. I wonder how does the child feel, after 10 years, when he or she googles himself or herself and finds all those stuff people post.
Or, one day, you come across your child's picture in some random ad. Woah.
We all know how "privacy" is an imaginary word in the internet; it does not exist. Period.
Well, yes, even with this thought I still post my baby's pictures from time to time. But, do not worry, I will not flood your timeline or newsfeed with daily baby pictures and updates; that is just too mainstream. Ha.
Anyway, of course, there is nothing wrong with sharing the joy with the whole wide world. Just remember that it IS the whole wide world.

***
Another thought that always comes to mind whenever I want to tweet or post a picture is "what if my child googles me and finds this?"
I am seriously one paranoid parent.
***
Chasing Cars - Ed Sheeran ft Gary Lightbody
Comments