* Babies *



Things I remind myself every day:

1. Babies don't judge

2. Babies don't hold grudges

3. My baby has more than enough clothes. So, it is very okay not to do the laundry today.

4. Babies are excellent at driving you crazy.

5. A sleeping baby is the best.

6. Babies need time; to sleep, to cry, to figure out what they want...

7. and most importantly, my baby needs me. So I need to be alright first.

So, from time to time, I decide to do the things I want, instead of the things I have to.

I'll clean up the dishes later. Nothing wrong with leaving the bottle there a little bit longer before you clean it. Dirty laundry? Later. Maybe I'll just sweep the floor a bit, because I feel like doing it.

Most people will not tell you this, but, keeping your sanity intact is far more important than anything else in the world when you are taking care of your baby. So, loosen up once in a while.

Do the things you love while the baby is sleeping. That 2 to 3 hours are the most precious hours in your day. So, live it.

And patience. You need a LOT of it.

My bestfriend when I am taking care of the baby alone is our Astro decoder on standby mode. Why? Because it shows the time. So, I can always rely on it to tell me how long I have been trying to calm my baby, exactly. I need that to plan my next move. I need that to tell me when we need a timeout.

Last but not least, never forget to ask for help.

***

Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

Comments

Popular Posts