* Well *



Introducing Farah Sofia bt Umar Tayyib; our little bundle of joy.

Yeah, I was pregnant.

Yup, my baby bump was not as big as yours.

No, I did not delivered vaginally.

Yes, I went through a C-section. It was an emergency.

Yes, it does hurt. I am not going to compare it with the pain of a vaginal delivery; to each it's own, I guess.

I actually have a HUGE problem with people who have "double standard" with the 2 methods of delivery. After I delivered, one of my colleagues actually asked me, "Sakit tak? (does it hurt?)"

Ehem. I just got my belly and my uterus cut open. What do you think?

I actually started sitting up after about 8 hours post-op. I started walking few steps at 18 hours post-op. I took a bath (a cold one, too! At 7am...no, there are no water heaters in 1st class rooms in govt hospitals) at post-op day 2.

But, that's me; I am a doctor who has seen a significant number of post-op complications with my own two eyes. So, I managed to force myself to do all that with the help of Paracetamol tablets.

Dearest said I am every surgeon's dream patient. LOL

So, here I am with a scar and a beautiful daughter.

Wow. I feel so adult.

***

p.s. Yeay for 3 months maternity leave!

Comments

congrats naneng! a beautiful baby indeed. cute :)

selamat bercuti puan farah!
Farah Nazneen said…
Thank you! Ah...nak habis cuti dah :(

Popular Posts