* Childish *

health photo: health health.gif

Paeds is definitely NOT my favourite posting.

Yes, you get to play with cute kids. But, do not forget the reason why they are here in the hospital in the first place.

Well, I do consider myself as jonah but in paeds it has been (quite) under control. Heh.

What I am not a big fan of are really sick kids who make you feel so sorry; to them, their parents...and the whole medical team who are taking care of them. Honestly, I am not sure who I should pity more.

Like, for example, when I see;

A baby who had meningitis and did not recover his consciousness.

An intubated 10-month-old whose oxygen saturation keeps dropping.

A boy who had spontaneous pneumothorax and we had to insert a chest tube for him.

A baby who has pneumonia, who cannot be weaned off BiPAP.

A malnourished child with cerebral palsy.

...a quadriplegic child with a 6cm-by-8cm bed sore.

So, no, you will not see me uploading pictures of random cute patients I meet in the ward.

Maybe I am just being too serious.

Or maybe just hormonal.



Comments

Popular Posts