* Not Your HO *

 photo IMG_2759_zpsbcb8b3a4.jpg

Today, I woke up and my phone was like a busy morning market. It was filled with missed calls, messages and various odd notifications.

The reason why I ignored my phone the whole of last night (and this morning) was...I was just plain tired of answering calls.

Yesterday, I was harassed by staff nurses who were just plain annoying. They called me when they are not supposed to. No, I am not kidding; they are NOT SUPPOSED to call me.

"Doktor, report ct scan ni dah siap." "Please inform Dr ****, bukan saya."
"Doktor, patient ni dah balik dari ERCP." "Kak, tolong bagitahu Dr ****."
"Doktor, ada patient ni...CBD dia under surgical la...sekarang ni dia complain bla bla bla." "Kak, kenapa call saya eh?" "Uh..."

Look, I know I am just an HO and you think you can just boss me around, but, that is just too much. I do not mind helping, but there are certain limits.

Peeps, do not let yourself be bullied by nurses who do not know better. Know where your job ends; this is a very important thing to keep in mind.

However, do not be an irresponsible HO. If you are supposed to do something, get it done properly. But if you think you cannot handle it alone, ask for help.

I know you are an exceptional HO, but everyone has their limits.

I just pity the nurses who I snapped at yesterday. Their fault for disturbing a very moody B...lair Waldorf.

***

Joshua Radin - You Got Growing Up To Do

Comments

Popular Posts