* Crickets *

"Kak, tukar kerusi boleh tak?"
"Ala doktor~ kenapa?"
"Saya nak angkat kerusi pergi bilik rawatan, tak larat la nak angkat yang tu."
"Ala..."
"Kesian la kat wanita mengandung haha."
(stands up reluctantly) "Ala bukannya berat sangat pun!"
No, I did not say anything in reply. I just thanked her and took the chair.
She was just being the average people, I guess. Just being the typical person. Just being her.
I envy all the people who can actually keep their silence when their heads are bursting with things they really want to say but should not say. Because, staying silent is one of the art that I really want to master.
So, in all honesty, I had nothing to say to her. Because she said that out loud and it just reflects who she is; and who she is, is just someone who is not worth my time and energy.
I have to thank her for the opportunity to practice keeping my silence. Maybe I should send her a card.
***
Ed Sheeran - Sunburn
^[ a.ma.zing. ]^
Comments