* You Were Born In A ...*

The hospital is like the zoo in a few ways;
First, the amount of visitors during visiting hours (especially during weekends!) are just crazy! At times, I think the whole of Malacca is in the hospital. They just LOVE visiting sick people that the whole family is there; right from the tiny kids to the grandparents. The wards will be super packed and crowded...and that is when the doctors should know better than to hang around in the ward. Heh.
Secondly, kids are everywhere. They even bring babies to the hospital! I think most of them have this delusion that the hospital is such a lovely place to bring your kids to, afterall, this is the place to go to get better. Yes. But, this is also the place where people are sick and this is the place people die in. If you are just happy to boost your children's immune system by exposing them to all manners of bacterias and viruses, then I have nothing further to say in this matter.
Thirdly, the doctors are the main attraction in this zoo. Like, seriously, we are the ones the visitors seek after and keep looking for. I do feel like a caged animal being ogled at when I was bagging an intubated patient and people kept poking their heads over the dividers and curtains just to look at me.
Once, a patient had septic shock. My friend explained to the patient's family about what was happening. The family's response? "Macam mana boleh jadi macam ni?! Kita bawak dia datang hospital, kena kuman pulak!"
Surprise!
***
Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine
Comments