* Man and Wife *

 photo tumblr_lb5qjs8ieL1qe1tjwo1_1280_zpsfda38453.jpg

"Hafiz, rajinnya! Bertuah la isteri, mesti goyang kaki je kat rumah."
"Ala...suami ni biasanya kat tempat kerja je rajin. Kat rumah..."

I think it is not fair that we do not let people be human.

I think it is really important to let someone just be themselves (especially) when they are at home. After all, that is what homes are for; to rest in and be assured and secured. Where else can you be yourself, right?

I let him buy his games, he lets me buy random fashion magazines.
I allow him to mess up the house (with occasional scoldings, of course :P), he allows me to leave dirty mugs/cups (almost) everywhere.
I let him zone-out in front of the tv with his PS3/Xbox and he lets me zone-out in front of my laptop with my headphones on.

Because, for me, home is where you live with each other.

Maybe we should tone down the OCD-ness a tiny bit; an occasional mess does not end the world, a single dirty plate is not an apocalypse and that full dirty laundry basket can be emptied.

What is more important is to make each other feel at home while we are together.

This is what I think.

***

And you have to marvel at how some people can find something bad to say about almost anything!

...but that is for another blog post.

***

Anuar Zain - Ajari Aku

Comments

Popular Posts