* So, Today *

Photobucket

Today, I took care of the TB ward. For the first time since I started my Medical posting, I am posted in a different ward, all alone. Most importantly, for the very first time, I took care of male patients.

Yup. First time. After about 5 months of working.

Anyways~ that is not the main theme of this post. Although, you have to agree that putting branula in male patients is a LOT easier. Seriously. There was even one patient, who was an IV drug user, who actually was very helpful; he helped me find a vein. Haha~

Okay, okay. What I really want to talk about is; infections. I have always hated this topic during med school. But, after spending one day in the TB ward today, I find it rather interesting...and logical.

Managing infections and learning about them are two very different things. During managing it, there are a lot of stuff that can help you; your blood C&S, swabs etc. So, the tricky part is to detect it. But, with good experience and observation, you should be fine.

So, now, actually I am reconsidering to enter internal medicine. Eventhough the workload is crazy a lot and there are a LOT to learn.

I think my husband is right; I really need to get out of C4 (chronic & stable medical ward).

***

The Civil Wars - I've Got This Friend

^[ heard this song in Red.fm the other day; instantly reminded me of Didi ]^

Comments

Popular Posts