* Job Description *

The problem with "trying to get your work done" as an intern is this;
Our job description covers everyone's jobs...except the janitor's, of course.
(but, honestly, if they can blame us for the empty tissue roll in the toilets, they will)
The sad part is, at times, your seniors are not helping; they still blame you for not doing the nurses'/medical assistants'/student nurses' jobs.
Yup.
Welcome to your job which you will end up with, after all your hard work during medical school.
I am not saying it is a bad thing. On the contrary, this teaches me a very essential life lesson; if you want things to be done, you have to do it yourself.
Therefore, when you start your internship, try your very best to avoid passing over anything, and do it yourself. Settle everything before you go back home.
Going home late is so much better than leaving early, just to have your work haunting you when you are at home.
***
Today, I passed by my head of department at 5.30am in the morning. No, he was not on call. My respect for that old man has just quadrupled.
I have to mention this as a self-reminder.
***
Christina Perri - Arms
^[ Ermm...why does she look so happy singing this song? I'm confused. ]^
Comments