* One Month *

Photobucket

I have been working for a month now.

Wow.

During this one month, I have learned a LOT. Most of them are lessons in attitude; because, in being an HO, your attitude needs to be excellent. You need to have the correct attitude towards everything; the scolding, the insults, the stress, the overload of work, the endless stream of patients...and the way your superiors treat you. Without the correct attitude, you will end up depressed and anhedonic. So, develop yourself into being someone who is above all the silly things people throw your way.

The most important skill to learn is how to get your work done smartly. I have learned that in the hospital, everyone is out to get you. So, you need to be always on your guard and learn how to save yourself. Learn how to use your time wisely when your work just keeps piling up in front of you. Ask around and you will get a lot of tips on this one.

Next important lesson is learn how to help each other out. Learn to extend a helping hand and lend your strength to the people around you; not just your colleagues, including the nurses, attendants and patients. Yes, including your superiors. Be the first to offer help. People will love you for that and, in return, they will help you when you need them to.

...and I have to thank all my lazy colleagues in med school who always forced me and my friends to clerk patients. Because, now, I always have an idea on how to clerk any patients. Seriously. If you are a med student, do not ever get tired of clerking patients; you really need that skill once you start working.

***

We're going back home tomorrow!!

Oh how I miss going shopping in a proper mall and looking at pretty, shiny and unaffordable stuff :P

***

Florence And The Machine - Shake It Out


Comments

Popular Posts