* Frustrations *

I need to vent.
ajsfhn iurtsgnoaf8p9reyucxEWCHBUNufil buHFUIAECYNHXEEACYU Twiosu;
Okay.
Deep breath.
So.
Today.
*clears throat*
It has been a while since I have felt this frustrated with humanity until I have to actually vent in here.
I am frustrated with patients who "requests" to undergo Caesarean Section without any strong indication. I think that we should record their operation and show it to them; especially the part when the surgeons are sewing up the uterus and cauterizing every bleeding point. Yup, that is your uterus after your requested Caesarean Section.
"Jadi, kak nak cuba bersalin biasa la kali ni? (she underwent 1 c-section already)."
"Tu la. Tapi ni dah rasa macam nak mintak operate. Sakit la, doktor."
The "sakit" she is referring to is a 1 in 10 minutes contraction pain.
wth.
Here are a few interesting links about Islam's rulings in C-Section:
Islam Q&A: Ruling on Caesarean Births
Menelisik Hukum Operasi Caesar
I am frustrated with people who ask for At-Own-Risk discharges with such arrogance;
"Encik, tekanan darah isteri encik masih tak stabil. Dia boleh dapat sawan. Sawan ni kalau nak jadi, sekejap je. Dia boleh meninggal."
"Takpe, doktor, saya tanggung risiko."
wtf.
"Kak, tekanan darah kak tak okay, campur dengan kencing kak ada protein. Ni maksudnya buah pinggang kak mungkin ada masalah. Kalau macam ni, kak boleh sawan. Kalau sawan, boleh meninggal."
"Doktor, tak payah la nak takutkan saya."
wtff.
Yes, I do pray that both of them will be safe and sound. Dealing with patients of pregnancy-induced hypertension and pre-eclampsia just gets harder after they have delivered their baby. Because, they think that they are already on the safe side. It is so hard to make them understand the seriousness of the risks; especially with the fact that both diseases have no symptoms and patients always feel that they are well.
I guess people just want to listen to what they want to listen to.
I guess getting through to people is not that easy.
In the end, all you can do is try your best and tawakkal.
After all, our ever-changing heart is in Allah's hand.
Comments