* Please, Help Yourselves *

I just found out that, during yesterday's exam, the guy who sat beside me "helped himself" to my answers as I struggled to write them down.
Great.
Yes, I am angry. But, at the same time, I feel stupid and guilty. Not forgetting, disappointed, too.
Of course, he was not the only one. When I looked around yesterday, I saw a bunch of people "helping" each other out. At that time, I was thankful that I was not a part of that. But, thanks to this guy-next-door, I was.
As we all know, if something is wrong, it is wrong. No matter how many people are doing it and no matter who said that it is right.
I feel stupid because I did not try to cover my paper. But, come on, people! We are not in high school or primary school anymore! We are among people who are going to graduate and become doctors in just a few weeks.
Maybe I am just naive.
I feel disappointed because this is supposed to be a group of people who are the future leaders of a great country. This is a group of people who will become doctors; the profession that needs honesty more than anything.
Am I supposed to excuse you just this once?
Am I supposed to be "okay" with the fact that you, probably, did not graduate through your own diligence and honesty?
...and I am supposed to go to you and trust you to treat me when I get sick?
Those people who are real successes, work for their success. So, let's work for it. No matter how hard it gets. I think this is the most basic life lesson; to work hard to achieve something you want.
So, if you really want to help your friends, help them study. Not "help" them answer the exam, during the exam.
***
^[ So, I watched A Separation. I think it's amazing. I love it. ]^
Comments