* That's That *


Photobucket

Clinical exam:

"What?? DVT treated surgically?"



My first short case was a case of chronic leg ulcer. The patient had a venous ulcer, but, it was not apparent from the history. The doctor did not see the patient, so, all of his questions were based on my presentation of the patient's history. In other words, it hurt my confidence quite badly.

"Honestly, I want to give you the full marks, but, I cannot. So, I'll give you 60 (over 65)."
"Can't it be higher, doctor?"
"Okay, 62."


Haha...this was my favourite moment of the day, to tell you the truth. It was after I presented my long case to the doctor. Luckily, I was being examined about breast cancer by a plastic surgeon. Heh.

"Actually, I want to ask you more questions, but, I think that was sufficient."



Dr. Ahmed Negm gave me the full marks for my second short case; it was a patient with epigastric hernia. The sweetest thing was that he remembered me and said hi to me when we met during my clinical exam! Hehe. He said, "I gave you the full marks, remember? (how can I ever forget!) So, how were your other exams?"


Oral exams:

"What is the T-tube made of? It is a very popular material in Malaysia."



First station: Operative & Instruments.
The doctor only asked me about the instruments! How lucky is that? I have to thank Dr Adel because he told us that this is actually normal. Because, if he did not mention that during the revision classes, there is a high possibility that I turned back and asked the doctor to ask me about an operation.

"Let me take another jar."



2nd station: Pathology.
The doctor already asked me a whole lot of questions about 2 jars; hematocele & diverticulae of small intestine. Then, he took a jar of ulcerative colitis. But, my partner answered that it is a jar of polyposis. So, I was interrogated about polyposis syndromes instead. Argh.

"Full marks."



3rd station: Anatomy.
It was less than 5 minutes. Alhamdulillah. Thank God for curiosity. Because, if it was not for that, I would not have known that the muscle behind gastrocnemius is soleus.

"Believe me when I tell you it is actually CTA."



4th station: X-rays.
Scariest exam with a legendary doctor. He said that when I answered "MRA" as "the best type of angiography to base your surgical decisions on". But, both the doctor and me laughed after that. Haha. I hope the doctor will give me a decent mark after all of my silly mistakes. Hu.

All in all, Surgery is over and done with! Now, only one more subject before graduating!! Yeay~

***

Simon's Cat

^[ Dr. Umar is the youtube cat video expert...haha ]^

Comments

[MH] said…
wow. congrats kak! o&G pulak :)
Farah Nazneen said…
Thanks! :D

Haa...tu la, baru plan nk start study O&G harini. Malam nanti la :P

Popular Posts