* Sorry, I Just Thought It Was Pretty Obvious *

(I just have to get this out of my mind)
Today, I went to the bookstore to buy some notes for my upcoming O&G written exam with my housemates. While we were waiting for our notes to be photocopied, a junior came in.
She is in the Manchester programme and she was there to check out notes for O&G and Paediatrics. Naturally, she asked us about them...and, naturally, me being me, asked her the most obvious question which was in my mind (while Dayah & Mufed were listing down for her the variety of notes available);
Me: Seniors awak guna notes apa?
(which notes did your seniors use?)
Her: Err...tak tanya pula diorang...
(Err...I did not ask them...)
Me: Oh. Sebab takut lain pula ke apa ke kan...
(Oh. Because if you asked them, it would be easier for you to know which ones of the notes would be helpful, right?)
That last statement was me trying to be somewhat apologetic because she looked pretty stunned after I asked her that question.
After a few minutes (during which I just kept my silence and my housemates offered more explanations), she finally said, "Okay takpe la akak, saya tanya dulu la seniors. K bye~" (It's alright, I think I'll ask my seniors first and come back later. Bye~).
"OMG. Girl, did I scare you?" Was what came into my mind. After all, I was just stating the obvious (I think).
I just think it is pretty logical to ask your seniors about which are the best notes/books to use etc, before storming into a bookstore and waste your time and money. Even for us, who have no seniors, we will ask the other arab students or ask our lecturers or a random Egyptian senior, who we happened to meet anywhere, for academic advices.
I know I do not really have to explain myself or anything, but, the day's incident just left me a bit confused. Amused, actually.
Yes, more amused than confused; that I just have to write a blog post about it.
Maybe the obvious are more surprising than, you know, obvious.
***
Sara Bareilles - Say You're Sorry
Comments