* Ending O&G *

^[ I have finally accepted the fact that I am now too old to be studying on the floor. Ouch. My back. ]^
O&G must be the most nerve-wrecking posting ever. Yes, I admit that we did not get it that bad (comparing to the ones studying in Malaysia). But, still, it was a very hard journey.
The day we handed in our logbook, we had to do a Power Point presentation about a topic of our choice. My friends were SO lucky because the doctor who supervised our presentation was also the same doctor who they were supposed to hand in their logbook to. Which means, after the presentation, they gave the doctor their logbooks and could go back home with full marks! Yes, super lucky~
As for me, I had to wait for about an hour or so because Dr. Anas was monitoring the other groups' presentations. Getting a scarier doctor is not a new thing for me (yes, I always have this "luck"). However, lucky for me, I read my notes during clinical rounds, so I managed to answer the question he asked me which was;
"What is the vestibule? What are the structures that open on it?"
Yes, an anatomy question which is not related to the sheet at all.
Anyways, my advice for my juniors are
(yes, this is very rare for me to do. So, consider today as your lucky day.)
- Rajin-rajin datang rounds
- Rajin-rajin salin apa yang doc cakap/ajar masa rounds
- Rajin-rajin clerk patients; make it that you present a case at least once every 2 weeks.
- Rajin-rajin study & revise; read at least one topic/subtopic every day.
- Rajin-rajin siapkan logbook; the earlier you get this done, the easier your life will be. No, I am not kidding.
All in all, during O&G posting you just have to be extra 'rajin' if you want to survive. If you want to excel, you have to be super-duper 'rajin'.
Next week is the end-of-posting exam! Wish me luck, peeps!
***
Jay Chou - Dandelion's Promise
^[ Current favourite study playlist; Jay Chou. Listening to a song in a foreign language prevents you from singing along, so that is a good thing. ]^
Comments