* Obs, Oby, Ob, Weladah, Obstetrics *


Photobucket
^[ I should really do something about my logbook... ]^

I started my ObGyn posting on 2nd July. Up until now, it has been 4 weeks.

Here are memories:
  • 7th July: Watched a baby born by Cesarian Section. Amazing. But the fact that the mother only takes spinal anaesthesia, which means that she can still talk, move her hands and make noises while the surgeon is operating on her uterus to deliver her baby, is somewhat disturbing.

  • 17th July: Saw my first vaginal delivery. The mother gave birth right in front of me, on the bed in the delivery room. I was so astonished; it happened so fast. Rendered me speechless.

  • 25th July: Felt a fetus' back for the first time. I almost leapt with joy.

  • 26th July: Met a patient who suffers from anti-phospholipid syndrome was pregnant for 10 times, had 5 abortions, 4 pre-term deliveries and only 1 living daughter. It was the saddest case. She is only 31 years-old.

  • 28th July: First case presentation. Yes, after a month of posting; this is how lazy I am.

I think Obstetrics will leave a significant mark in every medical student's life. You will have strong feelings towards it; whether a positive one or a negative one. Seeing pregnant ladies every day will have its effects. Even though it is very hard for me to admit this, but, I think I am beginning to "like" Obstetrics.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

***

Am I really going to start posting like a real medical student?

No. Don't answer that. That question was rhetorical.





***

Joshua Radin - Wanted


Comments

Popular Posts