* Read, Study, Learn *

Today, our doctor asked us a very interesting question; "How many of you have Bailey & Love?" Sad to say, no one in my group raised their hands.
What was even sadder than that was, one of my colleagues answered, "What is the point of having it, doctor? The most important is to just study from the notes in order to get marks and pass the final exams, after all."
Wow. His confidence in uttering those words amazed me. At the same time, it saddened me.
But, the doctor's reply to that statement enlightened me. He said, "I am not asking you to 'study' from it (i.e. memorize it). I am only asking you to read it, for it is one form of knowledge."
I realized then that studying is very different from learning; as memorizing is different from understanding.
So, let's gather as much knowledge as we can, from various sources. Don't bother worrying about whether you will remember it or not, because you will never forget what you understand.
Understanding comes from learning. Learning comes from reading (not only words, for knowledge is not only contained within words). Through all of this, remember that knowledge is power.
***
Yes, I baked brownies yesterday night. We ate it around 11pm. We finished it this morning. Hehe.








Comments