* Are You A Moron? *

Photobucket
^[ shed me some light. ]^

Yesterday, I attended a Paediatrics lecture about mental retardation. Mind you, it was an afternoon lecture and it started late. So, it did retard our concentration a little bit.

During the lecture, I found out that one of the clinical features of a mentally retarded child is he or she 'fails to benefit from instructions & experience'. Wow. That, of course, got me thinking.

I found myself thinking about all the times we keep hurting ourselves by ignoring an advice. That is to say, we failed 'to benefit from instructions'. Hmm...

As for the 'experience' part, how many times have we failed to benefit from it by doing the things that we KNOW (from previous experiences) will lead us nowhere?

However, what about those people who just refuse to give up...and keep on doing the same thing over and over again?

Yes, you can say we are, in one way or another, a bit retarded. Maybe that is why we are humans.

There are three degrees of mental retardation. So, one question remains; are you a moron, an imbecile or an idiot?

***

Just kidding. Hope you get the joke. LOL.

***




You Think Best at a Coffee Shop



You are inspired by any one of your senses. The smell of coffee, the taste of a latte, the feel of a comfy sofa, the sounds of conversation...



The bustle and changing scenery of a coffee shop prevents your mind from being hung up on one or two things. A dynamic atmosphere gets your ideas flowing.



^[ I actually wrote this post while drinking coffee... ]^

***

Snow Patrol - Fifteen Minutes Old

^[ Forgive me. I could not find a better video. Yes, I love this song so much! Just my type, isn't it? ;) ]^

Comments

Effy Saiful said…
haha yes by definition, we are, sometimes, retarded! ;p
Farah Nazneen said…
haha...yup, I guess we are~

Popular Posts