* Disoriented *

^[ the one and only Naufal Khan :) ]^
This morning I woke up disoriented; I forgot where I was. It took me about one or two minutes to finally realize that I was in my home in Egypt. Well, that is quite normal, considering I just arrived 2 days earlier.
When I logged into TIME's website, it made me wonder where I was again. President Barrack Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for..."primarily for his work on and commitment to nuclear disarmament". So, the Nobel committee decided to support his dream "of a world without nuclear weapons."
Seriously. Something is wrong. I think that if THAT is the reason, in order to support a DREAM, then the Nobel prize should have gone to all the children of the world. Or, at least, the children of the occupied countries and oppressed nations. Usually, a Nobel prize goes to someone who actually DID something, a man who achieved his dream, e.g Muhammad Yunus and Nelson Mandela or a woman who fought for her dreams, e.g Aung San Suu Kyi and Mother Theresa, or a group of people who works together to achieve one dream, e.g United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
To give a PEACE prize to a person who dreams of peace but actually supports war by sending more troops to Afghanistan...is, just, too much.
Why the Nobel Peace Prize Should Go To Nuclear Weapons - TIME

^[ Yes, we can! ...*sigh* ]^
***
Carbon Leaf - Life Less Ordinary
Comments