* Bitter.Not *




^[ Bitter.Tart; a Raya short film by AbuMalik Studio ]^

Mando asked me to do a review for this short film (I kinda still want a royalty although you asked it as a favour :P ). So, here I am...and you know how I honest I can be in these things. LOL. Here goes nothing.
The first time I watched it, I was pretty confused; I did not know whether I should cry or laugh. But, I laughed anyway! Haha. So, first of all, it did succeed as a dark comedy. Kira mesej sampai aa ;) Then, after Mando told me what the video is all about, I watched it again. I have to say, it was touching with not too much cheesy-ness and drama. Which means, the combination of drama and comedy is just nice; not too much of either one of them.

I was pretty impressed in the part when Hamzah died; you guys acted so well! Well, I can only imagine how many cuts did it take for you guys to make it that perfect. But, all in all, it was really good! Haha. The best actor has to go to Hazim, I think. He is super cool in this one ;p

All in all, as a tribute video, this one is almost perfect; honest, touching and light. Congratulations to everyone! Hope you guys will come up with an even greater one after this :)

Life is like that, isn't it? Sometimes the sweet things can turn out bitter at some turn. Everything is not what it seems.

***

Joshua Radin - Do You Wanna

You're sitting in your chair
no ones around
your lights are turned down low
and your skin feels about to tear
and you is no sound
and all i am is frightened for you now
'cause you run and

how can I show you that you're done
you're on your knees
picking up the pieces from your past
but there's nothing more to gather
holding on to moments that won't last
or would you rather end it all
do you wanna?

sitting there is him
he has your eyes
calling you to somehow join them
and you're writhin' in your skin
and buyin' his lies
not realizing that you're home
won't you come home and

how can I show you that you're done
you're on your knees
picking up the pieces from your past
but there's nothing more to gather
holding on to moments that won't last
or would you rather end it all
do you wanna?

no one believes you smile alone
you wanna retrive your high on the phone
but when you hang up all I wanna do is help you to

pick up the pieces from your past
but there's nothing more to gather
holding on to moments that won't last
or would you rather end it all
do you wanna?

Comments

Popular Posts