* Needy *
(change)


not me
^[ are you the one I'm looking for? ]^

We had our annual meeting yesterday and it lasted about 10 hours or so! Can you believe it? Well, I cannot really say what happened actually; I think it is just that everybody loves meetings...or something like that. However, I can tell you that everyone was exhausted by 4pm.

***

So, what do you look for in a leader? I look for humility. I think that humility is one of the most important trait a leader has to have. Without humility, he can never understand the ones under him and he will never bow his head so he could meet his people in the eye. Humility is not a weakness, rather, it is power. When you can lower yourself and consider what other people think and say, then you can be the most powerful leader on earth.

However, only listening, without perceiving and considering, is not enough. As I have learned the other day, 'hearing' not only means that you can hear a sound. It means that you can translate the sounds to understandable meanings. This is so true. If you can only listen, without understanding, it is actually a waste of electrical impulses (LOL).

To make mistakes is human and to forgive is divine, right? A leader should be brave to admit his mistakes and ask forgiveness. He should realize that the people are not stupid. The people are not a group of lambs that can be lead from one place to another. The people are humans, just like him. Which means, they know it when people are sincere. If he is uncertain about some matters, he should be humble enough to ask other people's opinions and not base his decisions on assumptions and hearsay.

Being humble does not mean that you will lose respect. It is just the opposite. When you are humble, even when you are actually at the top, you will gain an enormous amount of respect. More than you can ever imagine. When people can reach you, and, without hesitation, tell you how they really feel about a certain issue, you know that you are respected. But, mere words are not enough to show that you are humble, you need to strengthen those words with actions. If not, you are nothing but a fraud.

In the end, the true meaning of leadership is not to be the most perfect of all. Leadership is about admitting that you are someone with more responsibilities than others. So, you will give it your all and try your best in everything you do. In each of us is a leader and we will be asked about those we lead, right? :)

***

This week, please help me to stay awake and focus during the forensics lectures. I really need to catch up with the lessons. *screams*

***

Damien Rice - Dogs

Comments

Popular Posts