*Kelantan*
(an unbalanced diet)


Photobucket

Like I told you guys, the trip to Kelantan composed of two-third shopping and one-third dining in different restaurants. Basically, those two things are what people come to Kelantan for (according to a local inhabitant, Amni Safiah. LOL). This was more evident by the fact that a local guy shot me a blank look when I asked him whether Kelantan had a 'cultural village'. But I don't really mind, because the things that we went shopping for were not available easily in KL. So, it was very much worth it!

First off; Rantau Panjang! Due to the fact that I did not do my homework before leaving for Kelantan (just like when I went to Jordan), I was not able to imagine what I will be facing at the places that we were about to visit. So, it was not a surprise, when I was surprised at seeing a lot of motorists bearing Thai license plates. LOL. I just had to say, "Sorry, sir...for making so much fuss about it (a.k.a sori la sebab tetibe je jadi batak)" Even the stores had Thai writings! Okay, okay...all we have in Selangor is just Tamil writings, after all. So, don't blame me, alright? Hehe...

Photobucket
^[so, this is what Rantau Panjang looks like. It is like the tropics Khan el-Khalily.]^

PhotobucketPhotobucket
^[ makcik-makcik kekenyangan ]^


Then, we headed to Pantai Cahaya Bulan! As all of you know, I don't like getting wet. It turned out, nobody had any plans to get wet at that day. So, I was not left alone in this matter. Instead of just strolling around the beach or trying out the 'colek', we bought a new toy and flew it up in the sky. Yeah, we were influenced by the movie 'The Kite Runner'. No surprises there.

Photobucket
^[ 4 girls, a guy & a kite ]^

...and the first part of our trip ended.

That night, we had dinner with Amni's parents. We decided to wear baju kurung. Of course, that means we have to sought 'help' from Amni's grandmother and aunt. All in all, everything turned out fine and we enjoyed ourselves.

Photobucket
^[ No, that is not my baju kurung. That's why you have never seen it before. ]^

***

The next day, we had home-made 'nasi dagang' for breakfast! Then, we headed off to Kota Bharu. First, we went to Pasar Siti Khadijah. Hm~ when I entered it, it looked nothing like this:
Photobucket
I think we entered through the back door. LOL. Seriously. Either that, or we just had to look at it through an SLR camera. Anyway, it was really hot in there! Yam was the winner; she bought three batiks!! Let me just mention one amazing FACT: I did not buy anything~ I was just having a self-confidence issue. Either that, or it was just too warm to think.

Then, we went to the bazaar. It was more classy than the 'pasar'. Again, I did not buy anything. (I am beginning to feel really proud with the fact that I can really restrain myself from buying anything the whole day). Anyways, the last shopping place we visited was KB Mall. By the time we entered the car to head off towards Iham's house, I was really deadbeat tired (because of the hot weather) and sleepy.

Next stop: Iham's house!

Photobucket

We ate nasi ayam, curry-puff, rambutan, pisang goreng...I think that was about it. We have strong reasons to believe that the nasi ayam was made by Iham herself. Kudos! To tell you guys the truth, I never cook in my own home here in Malaysia. I just feel like the kitchen is my mom's private territory. LOL. Yeah, yeah...I am just lazy, that's all!

After that, we went off home to Amni's grandma's house...and we had to say goodbye to Bazli! Thanks a lot~ it was a lot of fun hanging out with you. Really. Haha

***

We left the eastern coast of Malaysia on 4th August. Bye-bye different dialects, satar, masjid kristal, jalan kampung, kambing biri-biri, rumah kampung, rumah kayu, waking up at 10 am without feeling any guilt...and all of the other amazing things I get to witness during my 5 day trip! Woah.

Photobucket

***
The Corrs - Buachaill On Eirne
(a beautiful Irish song. With translations)

Comments

Popular Posts