* A Very Bad Habit *
(correct me if I am wrong)



^[ "Do you believe in fate, Mr. Anderson?" (Yes, I am a huge Matrix fan...and I love Keanu Reeves) ]^

You know how some people like to compare themselves to others? As for me, this is not my favourite past-time. According to my experience, comparing yourself to others will only lead you to a more dangerous consequence, which is; having bad assumptions towards fate. As we all know, fate is not something we can escape from. But, it does not mean that we have utterly no control or whatsoever of our lives. Fate can be altered and mostly it is a consequence of our own doings; the 'cause and effect' law.

Most people like to compare themselves to the people around them in a wrong way. For example, "Why am I not pretty like her?" or "Why can't I be lucky like him?" or "Why am I not him/her?" and the most dangerous of all, "Oh God, why did you create me like this?". The thing is, if you think about it carefully, WHY on earth would you want to be someone else?! If you keep comparing yourself in this way, you will just end up questioning God's plans. This, my friends, is a very bad habit! You are who you are, nobody else should be you. Everyone on this earth is created for a reason. We have one common reason and we have a few individual reasons.

Think about it like this; in a group of people, each of us plays a different role. So, stop looking at other people just so you can compare. Instead, look at other people so you can learn. Learn from them the things that you need to know...and improve. This is just a reminder for me and you. It is just sad to think that some people are not happy with their lives because of other people. It is too sad to think that some people are forever chasing things that will only lead them to doom, when the things that can make them happy are right in front of them.

Just take a minute and say, "Alhamdulillah." No matter what, just remember that you are here for a reason...and that reason is God.

***

I have an exam on Sunday. *cries*

...and I am trying to stop a very bad habit. (nothing to do with the above paragraphs)

***

Damien Rice - Amie

Comments

Popular Posts