* there you are *
(standing right in front of me)
Yesterday was not one of my favourite days. It all started in the wee hours of the morning, when I decided to brew some tea. That was when I noticed that the electric kettle i\was not working. I shook it a bit and jiggled it, trying to make the little red light shine. In the end, Yue and me decided that the kettle is officially dead. So, no tea for me yesterday morning. I went back into my room with a chocolate bun and a glass of pina colada (this is my favourite summer drink! You have to try it~)
After studying for about two hours or so, I had a headache. My head was spinning and I could feel my arteries throbbing (exaggeration. I was just lazy, that's all), so I went to Dayah's room to surf the net. Another misfortune befell me; no emails from my mum and all of my favourite people were offline. Ho-hum~~ I hanged out at Youtube. THAT was when I discovered a few amazing videos of the movie 'Pride & Prejudice' (the 2005 version). My favourite is this one:
Frou Frou - Hear Me Out
(I cannot embed it here, but you guys can check it out. Just click it.)
Pride & Prejudice was the first Jean Austen novel that I tried to read...and I say 'tried' to read, because I did not finish it. I can't remember when I read it, I guess I was just too lazy and uninspired. I just have this firm belief that female novelists tend to put too much information and be too descriptive of everything. Most of the time, I prefer to read novels written by male authors. But, after watching the videos, I regretted not finishing the novel. I can still remember bits and pieces of it, though. So, this summer, another book is entering my reading list! Alongside 'The Kite Runner', 'Angels & Demons', 'The Little Friend' and all the other novels that I half-read. I guess, this year's summer-reading theme is 'redemption'. Ha!

Oh yeah, yesterday, we experienced a black-out for an hour, too! Huh~ and I cut myself. Thank God the cut is on my left hand and not my right.
Say a little prayer for us today. We really need it. Hopefully, today, everything will turn out well.
Mr. Darcy's first proposal:
^[ I just love romantic British movies...
]^
(standing right in front of me)
Yesterday was not one of my favourite days. It all started in the wee hours of the morning, when I decided to brew some tea. That was when I noticed that the electric kettle i\was not working. I shook it a bit and jiggled it, trying to make the little red light shine. In the end, Yue and me decided that the kettle is officially dead. So, no tea for me yesterday morning. I went back into my room with a chocolate bun and a glass of pina colada (this is my favourite summer drink! You have to try it~)
After studying for about two hours or so, I had a headache. My head was spinning and I could feel my arteries throbbing (exaggeration. I was just lazy, that's all), so I went to Dayah's room to surf the net. Another misfortune befell me; no emails from my mum and all of my favourite people were offline. Ho-hum~~ I hanged out at Youtube. THAT was when I discovered a few amazing videos of the movie 'Pride & Prejudice' (the 2005 version). My favourite is this one:
Frou Frou - Hear Me Out
(I cannot embed it here, but you guys can check it out. Just click it.)
Pride & Prejudice was the first Jean Austen novel that I tried to read...and I say 'tried' to read, because I did not finish it. I can't remember when I read it, I guess I was just too lazy and uninspired. I just have this firm belief that female novelists tend to put too much information and be too descriptive of everything. Most of the time, I prefer to read novels written by male authors. But, after watching the videos, I regretted not finishing the novel. I can still remember bits and pieces of it, though. So, this summer, another book is entering my reading list! Alongside 'The Kite Runner', 'Angels & Demons', 'The Little Friend' and all the other novels that I half-read. I guess, this year's summer-reading theme is 'redemption'. Ha!

Oh yeah, yesterday, we experienced a black-out for an hour, too! Huh~ and I cut myself. Thank God the cut is on my left hand and not my right.
Say a little prayer for us today. We really need it. Hopefully, today, everything will turn out well.
Mr. Darcy's first proposal:
^[ I just love romantic British movies...
]^
Comments