* Desperation *
(here we are)



^[ "Mari kembali ke zaman batu," he said ]^

Our government is getting desperate; they are asking people to do the most basic thing by using drastic measures. They are telling us to save electricity by increasing the tariff. They are telling us to save the environment by raising the oil price. They are telling us that they still love us by introducing a new tax formula that, they tell us, is a bonus for the citizens.

NST interviewed a few economists
On the cash payments of RM625 for cars of 2000cc and below, they said an average of RM52 per month was insufficient to weather the steep 41 per cent rise in petrol price.


Regarding Utusan Malaysia's report on the matter, I am sure of of you guys read this. I am also sure that most of you did not miss these points:



Kerajaan akan memberi diskaun atau pengurangan kepada pengguna sebanyak 30 sen bagi setiap liter minyak yang dijual.

^[ and I say, "Thank you, Pak Lah. You are very generous." ]^

Tarif elektrik, kata beliau, turut dinaikkan “bertujuan meningkatkan kecekapan pasaran dan menggalakkan rakyat Malaysia untuk menjimatkan sumber tenaga” tetapi kadarnya berbeza mengikut kegunaan dan sektor.

^[ I am sure there are many other ways, right? And I don't think you should mention that last bit. For all I know, EVERYBODY knows that; it's in the curriculum. ]^

“Lagi pun harga baru petrol dan diesel yang diumumkan hari ini masih lagi yang terendah di rantau ini.''

^[ Okay, here is the thing: I received an IM today, listing a few fuel prices in a few countries. Most of them were either countries in the Gulf or Africa. I am sure most of you know that Malaysia is in Asia, or more precisely, South East Asia. He did say, "Rantau ini." Right?]^

Malaysia to let fuel prices rise - BBC
Petrol currently costs 1.92 ringgit (59 US cents; 30 pence) per litre, which is less than half the price in neighbouring Singapore.

^[ So, let's be thankful that there is something to be thankful of.]^

Now, the people have to make sacrifices for the goevernment.

The irony of it all. A lack of planning, perhaps?

***

On the other side of the world: Guantanamo 9/11 suspects on trial - BBC

***

Switchfoot - The Blues


Comments

Popular Posts