* together, we are *
(what happened to us?)

Yesterday, I went to Cairo with Yue & Yam; Yue had to settle a few 'marriage' things ;P so Yam & me decided to tag along. When we arrived at Cairo, I almost had a heat stroke. Seriously. It was so hot and the worst part is you cannot escape the heat! It does not matter what you do; turn on the fan, walk, stand still or just ignore it...the heat still swarms around you like a scratchy old dirty blanket that itches (I don't know where I got this expression, too! Haha). Anyway, we went to the embassy and then we had lunch at Hardee's.
While we were waiting for a taxi to take us to Qasr el-Ainy street, a taxi stopped right in front of us...and the taxi driver was asking us to help him communicate with his passenger; a lady from Ghana who could not speak Arabic well and was not sure where she was heading. So, we tried the best we could to help the lady to get to where she wanted. After about ten minutes or so, we finally figured out that she wanted to go to Maydan Lubnan street (I don't know where this is, but I am not the driver)...well, it was a new experience; being a translator. I guess, if I flunk my medical examinations, I can always take serious Arabic classes and work as a translator at an international airport or something (yeah sure, I am just kidding la! No way. I would not want to flunk my exams! :P).
All in all, I bought a cute lil early birthday present for Baji Paan, ate the new Portobello Mushroom Burger at Hardee's and brought back a bag full of stuff that Baji left for me. Fuh~ and there was a Pathology tuition class at 9pm, too...so, you can say that I had a really successful day as a medical student with a vision and a mission in life (Ha!).
***
Currently listening to: Alicia Keys & Usher - My Boo
***
My favourite type of FRIEND: The type that says 'sorry' and 'thank you'
My favourite type of ENEMY: The type that I can never find a reason to love
My favourite YOU: The 'you' whose shoulder I can rest my head on
My favourite ME: The 'me' that means something to you
***
So, take lots of care during this amazingly hard and challenging times that needs a lot of faith and patience. You know you can always count on me to swim across to reach you if you ever need someone.
***
Matchbox Twenty - Hand Me Down
***
Current mood: wondering what the hell went wrong?
(what happened to us?)

Yesterday, I went to Cairo with Yue & Yam; Yue had to settle a few 'marriage' things ;P so Yam & me decided to tag along. When we arrived at Cairo, I almost had a heat stroke. Seriously. It was so hot and the worst part is you cannot escape the heat! It does not matter what you do; turn on the fan, walk, stand still or just ignore it...the heat still swarms around you like a scratchy old dirty blanket that itches (I don't know where I got this expression, too! Haha). Anyway, we went to the embassy and then we had lunch at Hardee's.
While we were waiting for a taxi to take us to Qasr el-Ainy street, a taxi stopped right in front of us...and the taxi driver was asking us to help him communicate with his passenger; a lady from Ghana who could not speak Arabic well and was not sure where she was heading. So, we tried the best we could to help the lady to get to where she wanted. After about ten minutes or so, we finally figured out that she wanted to go to Maydan Lubnan street (I don't know where this is, but I am not the driver)...well, it was a new experience; being a translator. I guess, if I flunk my medical examinations, I can always take serious Arabic classes and work as a translator at an international airport or something (yeah sure, I am just kidding la! No way. I would not want to flunk my exams! :P).
All in all, I bought a cute lil early birthday present for Baji Paan, ate the new Portobello Mushroom Burger at Hardee's and brought back a bag full of stuff that Baji left for me. Fuh~ and there was a Pathology tuition class at 9pm, too...so, you can say that I had a really successful day as a medical student with a vision and a mission in life (Ha!).
***
Currently listening to: Alicia Keys & Usher - My Boo
***
My favourite type of FRIEND: The type that says 'sorry' and 'thank you'
My favourite type of ENEMY: The type that I can never find a reason to love
My favourite YOU: The 'you' whose shoulder I can rest my head on
My favourite ME: The 'me' that means something to you
***
So, take lots of care during this amazingly hard and challenging times that needs a lot of faith and patience. You know you can always count on me to swim across to reach you if you ever need someone.
***
Matchbox Twenty - Hand Me Down
***
Current mood: wondering what the hell went wrong?

Comments