* just thinking *
(complicating an already complicated complication)


click to comment
^[ just reach out ]^

You know how they always say that girls are complicated and guys are typical? (or am I the only one with this perspective? :P) So, the question here is; how complicated/typical are you? Naturally, all the girls will agree that they are complicated enough and the guys will deny that they are anything near typical. Typical enough for an average guy ;) and that question is complicated enough for an average girl, too. Know what I mean? The answers are just somewhat predictable. Okay, suddenly I feel like I am not making any sense. Let's try talking a bit more. (are you ready? Ikuzou!)

Personally, I believe what Shrek told Donkey is true and can be applied to human beings, too. (ha~ who knows what he said while they were walking at that field?) He said, "Ogres are like onions! ...onions have layers, ogres have layers." and Donkey replied, "Oh, you both have layers! ...What about cakes? Everybody loves cakes! Cakes have layers~" That is one of my favourite part in Shrek 1. Hehe...okay, back to our topic today; we sometimes only see what we want to see and what others told us to see. We forget that people are not just a bag of bones filled with flesh. We forget that amongst that flesh-filled-bag-of-bones, there is one beating part which we call the heart and there is one static-but-dynamic part which is called the brain. The combination of these two humane parts is what makes us the most amazing creation on this earth.



In The Painted Veil, there is this line: "We humans are more complex than your silly little microbes! We're unpredictable, we make mistakes and we disappoint..." and Walter (at this point, I think I am beginning to fall in love with both of them) interrupted Kitty as-a-matter-of-fact-ly, "Yes, we certainly do." But anyway, my favourite line is of course: "...it was silly of us to look for qualities in each other that we never had." *smiles dreamily* Anyway! I was reminded of this line during the night after we finished the practical exam for microbiology; you cannot classify people simply by using a Gram stain or a Seitz filter. But, we tend to do this; we tend to (as Thirteen puts it) 'over-simplify people'. We look at them and we judge them according to the outside. God knows that the outside is not a full image of the inside (but I know that the outside do give us a picture of the inside, but it is never the full picture) Sometime, the more we learn, the more we forget the value of one another. The more we think that we are the utmost perfect and everyone should follow our lead...and this is one of the main reason why I just hate some peole. Hmmm...



If you guys watched I Am Sam, there was a line from a book Sam & Lucy were reading together, "How can we be so different but feel so much alike?" Yeah, we can be different. But, that does not prevent us from having the same feelings. So, do not fear change...rather, try accepting it. You know how some people just cannot accept people who are different from them. In the end, (if they suddenly decided to try to welcome them into their lives) it may be too late because they have already drifted too far for you to reach across. All you can do in this time of regret, is to promise to never repeat the same mistake again. Naturally, old habits die hard...but they CAN die. Only God is immortal, after all. All you need is faith and strength. Let's try to live with each other, ne?

All in all, how complicated am I?
Lime tree: (the doubt) - accepts what life dishes out in a composed way, hates fighting, stress, and labor, dislikes laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous but loyal

^[ What tree did you fall from? ]^



***

The Fray - Little House


Comments

Popular Posts