* DeaD *
(the things that I want to do)
I am dead tired right now. I just spent about 8 hours at the university; 4 hours of lectures and 4 hours of lab sessions. Then, I spent 2 hours at the tuition centre; studying 9 slides of the skin for Pathology. Woah~ and tonight, at 8pm, there is a Pathology tuition class with Dr Nabalawy. Now all I want to do right now is sleep. ZzzzZzZzzzzZZZZzzz....
Heh. (Even my mum knows how to use this term now. How cool is that?)
Of course I am not going to babble about the tuition classes that I have to attend almost every night. Nor am I going to complain about the medical lectures that I have to listen to everyday. I am just going to stay cool (yeah right) and focus (oh, really?) on my weekly resolutions. Because I am going to turn 20 in about a week from now. Oh God. *groans*
Anyway, there are a few interesting stuff that I would like to share today (and none of them are related to the recently held election at Malaysia. Actually, I am nervously waiting for the new Selangor MB to be officially announced):
The Seed Bank!

The main idea is to store these seeds for genetic purposes. Especially if genebanks lose samples due to mismanagements or accidents. But, it can also be used during emergency and international loss. Well, the other popular name is 'Doomsday Seed Bank', after all. Interesting, huh? You guys should really check out the interiors and find out about all the elaborate infrastructures of this building. While you're at it, read all about the procedures of storing the seeds in this place.
Why Svalbard? Well, Lord Asriel was imprisoned at Svalbard in The Golden Compass...and that is where Lyra first met him as her father, not as her uncle. (Of course this is just a childish and imaginative reason. Not even the least acceptable.)

When God Took Me To Palestine

This is an interesting article I found at IslamOnline.net. Written by a Palestinian writer named Dalia Salaheldin; it is a personal article related to Palestine seen in a different point of view. My favourite part:
So why does she suddenly mention this? Well, go read it! Click on the bold heading.
(the things that I want to do)
I am dead tired right now. I just spent about 8 hours at the university; 4 hours of lectures and 4 hours of lab sessions. Then, I spent 2 hours at the tuition centre; studying 9 slides of the skin for Pathology. Woah~ and tonight, at 8pm, there is a Pathology tuition class with Dr Nabalawy. Now all I want to do right now is sleep. ZzzzZzZzzzzZZZZzzz....
Heh. (Even my mum knows how to use this term now. How cool is that?)
Of course I am not going to babble about the tuition classes that I have to attend almost every night. Nor am I going to complain about the medical lectures that I have to listen to everyday. I am just going to stay cool (yeah right) and focus (oh, really?) on my weekly resolutions. Because I am going to turn 20 in about a week from now. Oh God. *groans*
Anyway, there are a few interesting stuff that I would like to share today (and none of them are related to the recently held election at Malaysia. Actually, I am nervously waiting for the new Selangor MB to be officially announced):
The Seed Bank!

"The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is located on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen near the town of Longyearbyen (population 2,075) in the remote arctic Svalbard archipelago. The island is about 1,120 kilometres (700 mi) from the North Pole." -wikipedia.org
The main idea is to store these seeds for genetic purposes. Especially if genebanks lose samples due to mismanagements or accidents. But, it can also be used during emergency and international loss. Well, the other popular name is 'Doomsday Seed Bank', after all. Interesting, huh? You guys should really check out the interiors and find out about all the elaborate infrastructures of this building. While you're at it, read all about the procedures of storing the seeds in this place.
Why Svalbard? Well, Lord Asriel was imprisoned at Svalbard in The Golden Compass...and that is where Lyra first met him as her father, not as her uncle. (Of course this is just a childish and imaginative reason. Not even the least acceptable.)

When God Took Me To Palestine

This is an interesting article I found at IslamOnline.net. Written by a Palestinian writer named Dalia Salaheldin; it is a personal article related to Palestine seen in a different point of view. My favourite part:
It has always sounded to me as if we Muslims woke up someday and chose to collect ourselves from our different homelands. Leave Asian lands, African lands and whatever lands we were born to know as our homes and directed ourselves towards Spain to settle, kick its people out and call it "our Long Lost Andalusia"! I guess we wouldn't look very sane in the eyes of today's world.
So why does she suddenly mention this? Well, go read it! Click on the bold heading.
Comments