* Royal Wonders *
(Jelajah Jordan Winter 2008)



^[ My latest mantra when studying ;) Guess: that line is from which Disney movie? ]^

Hello, again!! Finally~ I have decided to finish up this entry about Petra & Royal Automobile Museum at Jordan...hehe. First of all; I am no expert in cars. Secondly; I am no historian. But, thirdly; I love to be in front of and behind the camera. So, yeay for me and my Samsung L700! Haha...ehem. Here goes nothing! [Please forgive all of my childish references and descriptions]

27th January 2008: Royal Automobile Museum


^[ The King & I]^

On the way to the museum, our bus was hit by a Mercedes. Haha...ironic, huh? So, we were stuck for about half an hour or so, it was nothing much. They settled it without causing even the slightest traffic jam and they did not even raise their voices. I totally adore Jordanians~ The only raised voice that I heard was Ipah's, who went, "Aku tak nak tengok kereta ni~ aku nak tengok kereta kat muzium!! (I don't want to see this car~ I wanna see the cars at the museum!!)" Oh my God~~~ that really made me laugh until I cry...haha...Ipah, you are always so much fun to have around! Miss you! :)


^[ I once read in a magazine that King Abdullah likes to bring his son for a ride in this bike]^

Anyways, we arrived at the museum safe and sound...and Ipah got her wish to see the king's cars. We arrived at dusk and it was so cold! The wind was blowing mighty strong and I think it rained (or not...but it was really freezing) We entered and Yue and me decided to gang up and cruise through it together (before everybody else) hehe...this way, I get to pose for pictures without having to be scared of people looking at me instead of the cars~ heh heh heh. So here are a few pictures of a couple of interesting cars that were on display: (mind you, ALL of the cars on display are interesting, actually...I had a hard time choosing which ones am I going to display here in my blog)


^[ Cadillac ]^


^[ BMW (thanks, Pan!) ]^


^[ Lotus; I once dreamed of having this car ]^


^[ Porsche; I want one too! ]^


^[ Ferrari with the gals ]^


^[ Aston Martin a.k.a James Bond's car (*___*) ]^


^[ McLaren Mercedes; anyone else has this in their garage? (this picture is especially for kak Paan) ]^


^[ Now, this is a Merc! An experimental Mercedes. Yue said, "Woo~ back to the future!!" (funny, really :D considering the fact that Yue said that before me hehe) ]^

***

2nd February 2008: Petra

Jordan 2008

Petra, as of 7th July 2007, has been enlisted as one of the seven world wonders (I wrote about the world wonders last year, check it out if you want to) According to historians, Petra was built by Nabatean people. According to Islamic historians, this city was built by prophet Salleh's people, the Tsamud.

We did not get to visit Petra during our 5 day trip with Ust Hazimin & Ust Zaid, because it was snowing and the roads were closed. So, we arranged another trip to Petra on 2nd of February. There were about 20 of us...and off we went~ hehe. When we arrived, we lingered around the visitor centre before starting off.


^[ our energetic & happy faces at the centre ]^

It was decided (against our own will) that we will be spending about two hours here. Sad, really, but that is how it goes. So, as they say, go with the flow. Heh.


^[ Obelisk Tomb, one of the earliest monuments we encountered ]^

The Siq is the road you need to venture through to get to the treasury; which is the main entrance to Petra. It is a paved road in between red rocky hills in the middle of the desert.


^[ you can see The Treasury from here ]^

Next: The most popular landmark in the whole of Petra; the Treasury! It felt like a dream; arriving at this place. Because I could remember just seeing pictures of this monument in the net and in the news or documentaries. But, here I am! Yeay for me~

Of course, Petra is not just about Khazaneh, there are a lot more other stuff at the back! Being the excited and 'energetic' tourists that we are, we walked all the way through:


^[ the street of facades ]^


^[ the theatre ]^


^[ the urn tomb ]^

All the way to:


^[ Aneisho Tomb ]^

and that was it. We were so damn tired and everybody felt like their knees were gonna blow and their legs will fall off. Heh. So, being the lady tourists that we are, we decided to turn back...and when we arrived at the treasury, there were not so many people. So, we get to take pictures minus the crowd. Yeay for us~

One final note: Look at my boots! I still cannot imagine how the hell I decided to wear them at Petra, of all places. Huh.


^[ me with those 'unintentionally-bought' boots. Not my fault. Hehehe ]^

***

Well, we had our family day yesterday! I lead group 1. We called ourselves 'Street Fighters'. We won the 'Best Group' title; everyone was soooo excited! I love you gals~ you gals rock!

Oh yeah, and Abe Kre's ayam masak merah memang la killer! Hahaha...pedas giler, okeh.

Comments

Popular Posts