* growing up *
(so what is the problem here?)


Have you ever heard the phrase "do unto others what you want others to do unto you"? I am sure that most of us are familiar with this phrase. What really makes me wonder everytime I hear this saying is; how many of us realize that the opposite is also true? Which means, "Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you" is also the truth. Honestly, think about it. The next time you see someone glaring at you with fires ablaze in their eyes, think about this phrase. There is always a reason to everything.

Have you ever feel so irritated at someone that you can't even look at that person? There is always a reason, right? The only thing that makes a difference to the situation is whether the other person knows the reason...or not. Some people choose to hide the reason of their irritation from the other party and some people choose to tell. There are also a group of people who gave up trying to make others understand because, according to their past experiences, it does not make any difference. As for me, I sometimes find myself getting irritated for no real reason at all. But, most of the time, there is a reason...or there are reasons.

Actually, if all of us work together and remember that 'do unto..' phrase, it can make a difference. I know that it is in our nature to make mistakes. I know that all of us are different in our own special ways. I know that humans are the most miserable creature on earth. I know, I know, I know. But, I also know that is in our nature to love. I know that we are here to help each other and I know that most of us know that. So, what is the problem here? What went wrong? Oh God...~

Sometime, it seems to me, that we argue more with the people we know well. Most of the time, we feel irritated with someone who is close to us rather than some stranger who is just passing by. At times, we just feel more comfortable with that person who is sitting on another table than this person who is sitting with us in the same table. Honestly. Why do we feel this way? It is just not fair to those people who are forever trying to make you feel happy and who is always there within your reach. All in all, it is always easier to reach across the table than to reach the other table. Fuh...I hope I am making sense.

So you tell me to grow up. If growing up is reading big books and using big words, without making any difference to the people around...then I don't want to grow up. I would rather be childish and eat what I want, drink what I want, hear what I want, say what I want...and in the end, make a difference. In the end, make the people around me a little less sad and a little bit happier. Really. That is all I want to do.

***

On a more lighter note: I am soooooOOOOOooOooOo in L.O.V.E with Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan. This is a really, really haunting song: (You guys should know by now how I love slow, drawling songs with poetic lyrics)

9 Crimes


**

up next: Royal Wonders (JJW2008)

Comments

Popular Posts