* where is the fun in that? *
[Mr Sidr was on a rampage...didn't you know?]
Bangladesh was hit by a cyclone today, around 09:27 GMT. They say that at least 242 people were dead...God save us.
"The cyclone had roared in from the Bay of Bengal just before dusk on Thursday, generating winds of up to 240kph (150mph) and driving rain. The storm swept through Dhaka overnight, where it pulled up trees and cut power. The capital's airport was closed, and river ferries stopped running. The cyclone was also expected to affect eastern India and the west coast of Burma." - BBC News -
So let's take a moment and pray for them; who need our prayer just to go through another day.
***
We had a gathering yesterday and it was fun to hang out with the people that I do not meet that often because of a lot of reasons. So, as we sat around and talked about nothing in particular, one of the girls asked me if I watched a Japanese drama which I have forgotten its title already [oh dear dear] and of course I answered, "No." Then it got to me...what happened to me? Last year we were so crazy over Japanese drama and stuff like that. But this year, we have not been enjoying ourselves as much. I wonder what happened...hmmm.
Maybe because this year is so hectic, but it is not that hectic. Maybe life just got too routined, but I am not bored of it. Instead, I can say with enough confidence that I cannot live outside of my daily routine of going to lectures and studying when I get back home. Nah~ that's a lie, of course...I would really love to get out of my routine and blank out in front of my laptop screen for hours to end. It would make me happy if I can just watch 10 episodes of Yamapi's latest drama continuously. It is a dream come true if I can just listen to all the songs in my music library and sing along to each and every one of them without having to read a Pathology book.
But I cannot do all that...because I have something that they like to call 'responsibility'. I have my textbooks which I have to read and my notes that I have to finish up. I have a test this coming Sunday and I have to attend study groups. Wow~ now my life sounds really boring. Well, here is a surprise: Yes, it is dull. But what can I do about it? Nothing. Full stop. This is your life [one of my current favourite song by Switchfoot]
No, it does not mean that there is no fun in my life at all. I still have those crazy moments when I just laugh for no reason [dia usik hidung~ *laughs like crazy*]. I still think that lectures are sometimes boring and I just have to sleep as not to disturb other people who are trying to concentrate. But what do I do for fun?
Maybe I don't watch dramas that often anymore, maybe I don't download anime like crazy anymore and maybe I just can't name the movies that opens this weekend. But my life does have its fun. It's just that its fun has a different form nowadays. Maybe I am just growing up [wah~ I am going to be 20!!!] and maybe I am just too lazy to search for fun...haha.
I don't know and I don't care. "I am not worried," a certain someone once told me. So maybe I should take a leaf out of his book and stop worrying. As long as I am alive, I can live this life the way I want it to be...and if anything gets in my way I'll just overcome it with faith & patience. Honestly, I am quite at peace with myself...why do I have to be like anyone else? This is me, here I am.

^[ Mufidah's birthday @ Pizza Station ]^

^[ Mufidah's birthday @ Pizza Station ]^
***
I am currently head over heels in love with The Click Five's latest album; Modern Minds & Pastimes. My favourite song from the album is 'The Reason Why'...haha.


Comments