=neSsun dOrma=
[hope, blood & Turandot]
I was hanging out with Yam when I noticed Mando-sama's status; which goes something like this: 'pasang speaker kuat2 dan nannes bersama2 aku...' Of course I got curious and clicked it. Suddenly, I am witnessing this fat salesman named Paul Potts singing opera. Not just any opera, it was 'Nessun Dorma', which was made famous by Pavarotti...wow~
Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun saprà!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
quando la luce splenderà!
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
che ti fa mia!
(Il nome suo nessun saprà!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!
[Nobody shall sleep!...
Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, o Princess,
in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know...
No!...No!...
On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
(No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!]
As I am Wiki-crazy, I also wikied 'Nessun Dorma'. I found out that it is from the opera 'Turandot' by Puccini [who also wrote Tosca] The story is about a cruel princess who challenges her suitors to answer three riddles. If they cannot answer the riddles then they will be killed by dawn. So just read it here: "Turandot - Wikipedia" [it has only three acts so it is kinda short, ne?]
***
Tomorrow is a holiday and that is the reason I am dilly-dallying in front of my laptop...hehe. Mufidah's birthday is coming up so there is quite an excitement as we think of where will we be celebrating it~ hopefully it will be a blast! [aktiviti pertama 'Kelab Berusaha'? haha~]

***
Oh~ I am so crazy over Frou Frou these days!! My favourite songs are 'It's Good To Be In Love' & 'Let Go'. The first time I heard her voice is in one of the episodes of The Black Donnellys [I really love series with great songs~]
[hope, blood & Turandot]
I was hanging out with Yam when I noticed Mando-sama's status; which goes something like this: 'pasang speaker kuat2 dan nannes bersama2 aku...' Of course I got curious and clicked it. Suddenly, I am witnessing this fat salesman named Paul Potts singing opera. Not just any opera, it was 'Nessun Dorma', which was made famous by Pavarotti...wow~
Nessun dorma! Nessun dorma!
Tu pure, o, Principessa,
nella tua fredda stanza,
guardi le stelle
che tremano d'amore
e di speranza.
Ma il mio mistero è chiuso in me,
il nome mio nessun saprà!
No, no, sulla tua bocca lo dirò
quando la luce splenderà!
Ed il mio bacio scioglierà il silenzio
che ti fa mia!
(Il nome suo nessun saprà!...
e noi dovrem, ahime, morir!)
Dilegua, o notte!
Tramontate, stelle!
Tramontate, stelle!
All'alba vincerò!
vincerò, vincerò!
[Nobody shall sleep!...
Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, o Princess,
in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know...
No!...No!...
On your mouth I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
(No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!]
As I am Wiki-crazy, I also wikied 'Nessun Dorma'. I found out that it is from the opera 'Turandot' by Puccini [who also wrote Tosca] The story is about a cruel princess who challenges her suitors to answer three riddles. If they cannot answer the riddles then they will be killed by dawn. So just read it here: "Turandot - Wikipedia" [it has only three acts so it is kinda short, ne?]
***
Tomorrow is a holiday and that is the reason I am dilly-dallying in front of my laptop...hehe. Mufidah's birthday is coming up so there is quite an excitement as we think of where will we be celebrating it~ hopefully it will be a blast! [aktiviti pertama 'Kelab Berusaha'? haha~]

***
Oh~ I am so crazy over Frou Frou these days!! My favourite songs are 'It's Good To Be In Love' & 'Let Go'. The first time I heard her voice is in one of the episodes of The Black Donnellys [I really love series with great songs~]
***
...and thanks a lot for catching me when I fall~ [dah kembali bersemangat, yeah!]
Comments