*the benefit of doubt*
(here comes the sun...na-na-na-na~)
At one point in your life, you'll feel it. Suddenly, the walls are closing in and you are slowly suffocating. You'll feel like you cannot go on anymore and that nothing is worth fighting for. That is what we call 'doubt'; you are questioning your ability to lead your very own life. It is not something weird or pathological [for all that I know of it] because I find myself doubting myself every now and then. Don't worry if you suddenly find yourself lost in a familiar place.
As for me, I don't usually doubt myself because most of the time, I believe I can do anything if I just have a little faith. I know, that is A LOT of self-confidence...but here is something you should know: my motto in life is "Be confident!" [tanya la semorg kt beit Iman nih...hehe] But just the other day I experienced one 'down-low' episode. So, it got me thinking; how do you handle these kind of situations?
Well, first; tell everybody you can get hold of! Haha...guys probably don't do this much. Okay, maybe not everybody...but it just has to be somebody. Don't bottle it up, never keep it to yourself and always look around for help. Looking around for help is not a sign of weakness, after all. It is actually one of the surest sign of strength because it means you know your limit and you are humble enough to admit it.
Another thing you can try is relaxing. Honestly, when you think about it; why are you doubting yourself now? You may come to a real reason where you actually just feel tired and you've given it your all and now you are just drained [am I making sense?] At least, I personally feel that way. Because that is one of the reason I usually doubt myself; when I've given it every last bit of myself but it did not work out the way I intended it to be. So all I could do at that time of doubt is just to lay back and take a deep breath. It's not that I am such a genius in figuring life out, but slowly thinking everything over always helps.
When you feel better and somewhat stronger, you can try starting all over again. But don't do this until you've gathered enough strength to face the obstacle again. My dad likes to say that if you don't get over a difficulty, you'll never get to the next level; you'll be stuck at the same place for a long, long time. So just be brave and face it...and get over it. Sure, it's going to be tough and maybe you'll stumble right back to the starting point. But, doubting yourself at every turn you take is really really tiring and pointless, too.
No, I am not going to say anything anymore...[hehe~] Life goes on, you know? After all, in this part of my life, maybe I can twist that doubt to allow myself the benefit of doubt. Like, for example, "Maybe if I just concentrated more, I could've answered the question easily..."[yep, that is one helpful doubt ;)] So take one step at a time and you'll do just fine. The only person you have to defeat is yourself, after all.
***
Last but not least; try listening to this:
George Harrison - Here Comes The Sun
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right
(here comes the sun...na-na-na-na~)
At one point in your life, you'll feel it. Suddenly, the walls are closing in and you are slowly suffocating. You'll feel like you cannot go on anymore and that nothing is worth fighting for. That is what we call 'doubt'; you are questioning your ability to lead your very own life. It is not something weird or pathological [for all that I know of it] because I find myself doubting myself every now and then. Don't worry if you suddenly find yourself lost in a familiar place.
As for me, I don't usually doubt myself because most of the time, I believe I can do anything if I just have a little faith. I know, that is A LOT of self-confidence...but here is something you should know: my motto in life is "Be confident!" [tanya la semorg kt beit Iman nih...hehe] But just the other day I experienced one 'down-low' episode. So, it got me thinking; how do you handle these kind of situations?
Well, first; tell everybody you can get hold of! Haha...guys probably don't do this much. Okay, maybe not everybody...but it just has to be somebody. Don't bottle it up, never keep it to yourself and always look around for help. Looking around for help is not a sign of weakness, after all. It is actually one of the surest sign of strength because it means you know your limit and you are humble enough to admit it.
Another thing you can try is relaxing. Honestly, when you think about it; why are you doubting yourself now? You may come to a real reason where you actually just feel tired and you've given it your all and now you are just drained [am I making sense?] At least, I personally feel that way. Because that is one of the reason I usually doubt myself; when I've given it every last bit of myself but it did not work out the way I intended it to be. So all I could do at that time of doubt is just to lay back and take a deep breath. It's not that I am such a genius in figuring life out, but slowly thinking everything over always helps.
When you feel better and somewhat stronger, you can try starting all over again. But don't do this until you've gathered enough strength to face the obstacle again. My dad likes to say that if you don't get over a difficulty, you'll never get to the next level; you'll be stuck at the same place for a long, long time. So just be brave and face it...and get over it. Sure, it's going to be tough and maybe you'll stumble right back to the starting point. But, doubting yourself at every turn you take is really really tiring and pointless, too.
No, I am not going to say anything anymore...[hehe~] Life goes on, you know? After all, in this part of my life, maybe I can twist that doubt to allow myself the benefit of doubt. Like, for example, "Maybe if I just concentrated more, I could've answered the question easily..."[yep, that is one helpful doubt ;)] So take one step at a time and you'll do just fine. The only person you have to defeat is yourself, after all.
***
Last but not least; try listening to this:
George Harrison - Here Comes The Sun
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...
Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
and I say it's all right
It's all right

Comments