* and suddenly I am a girl *
(yes, my blog is pink)
I wonder how the guys my age define the word 'girl'. For all I know of them, when I say 'girl', they imagine a cute lil pink thing who is holding a basket of flowers while smiling happily to the sky. I don't know if this is true, but this is what I think. Call me immature or call me naive but I that is exactly what I think. [I know, there is no need to stress the matter since I am writing a post in my own blog, after all]
sO~ maybe there are a few 'concepts' related to a 'girl'. One of it is, "You cannot discuss sport with a girl, she will never understand a thing." Sure, maybe 'girls' just watch football to watch the cute players run around. Sure, they tune into ESPN just to watch Federer. Sure, it takes them 10 years to understand why an F1 race needs 3 days...and they will never ever understand 'offside' :) They will nag forever when you cancelled a date just to watch Arsenal vs ManUtd. They will never forgive you if you stared at a pair of Nike shoes longer than you stare at her. Sure, whatever.
Another one is, "Don't even mention 'Iraq' to a girl, she will just yawn." In other words, discussing politics with a girl is a total waste of time. They don't care about Musharraf or Ehud Olmert or Estrada. You can bet that they do not even know that North Korea is a Communist country and "What the hell is DMZ??" [I watched a documentary about DMZ once...it was really awesome!] 'Leadership' is a guys' thing, after all. I wonder how much of this is true, really...
Next is, "Economy = shopping." 'Girls' are a huge contributor to the nation's economy. They are the consumers that the nation is trying hard to protect and use. They do not care about prices, by saying that everything is 'worth it'...and you can't find it cheaper anywhere else. Never ever bring them shopping when they are hungry and always find a place with lots of benches for you to rest on while they roam the mall from shop to shop.
Last but not least, "Technology?" This is another concept that the guys came up with naturally. For them, naturally the 'girls' are just hopeless when it comes to stuff with wires and switches. If you ever need a tool, just take it yourself, because if you ask for a hammer she will just give you a chainsaw instead. Really, isn't it true, guys?
Of course there are a lot of other 'concepts'. Like, 'girls' are useless when it comes to giving directions, never ask a 'girl' to drive...etc etc
Of course there are a lot of other 'concepts'. Like, 'girls' are useless when it comes to giving directions, never ask a 'girl' to drive...etc etc
But, how many of these are true? Actually, when you think about it carefully, it is clear that the 'guys' who thinks like this are actually the ones who are hopeless, useless and stupid.
Because, there are more to a girl than just pink stuff, fur, skirts, baju kurung, kebaya, scarfs, boots, high heels, bracelets, Dior, CK, Esprit, matching t-shirts, whining, nagging and gossiping. Honestly. The next time you see a girl, think again after the first thought that crossed your mind. The next time you talk to a girl, remember to give her a little respect.
...and another thing: When a 'girl' knows Torrent, when she can talk for one hour about Bersih, when you can even tell her about your latest crush...don't ever forget that she is still a 'girl'. Maybe not an average 'girl', but that does not make her less a girl. After all, she is your best friend.
Please, don't ever look past her.
Don't be too familiar.
Don't treat her like a guy.
Look at her, there she is.
If I can choose one song that pictures a girl perfectly, it would be:
Bruce Springsteen - Secret Garden
and if I can choose one song to picture how bad a guy can fall:
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Comments