Writer's Block
(the people around me)
Just the other day I was chatting with one of my friends and I told him that I was having writer's block. He actually asked me to reply to one of his posts in our Yahoo! group, but I could not think of anything to say. He replied, "Your post must have had some kinda explicit content that it was blocked." I laughed like crazy~ Well, writer's block is not a literal block, after all. It is just a way of saying that I cannot write anything. Writer's block is when you are already in front of your laptop, wanting to update your blog with something fresh...but you cannot, because you just failed to find the words. Psychologically, it can be considered as a mind-block. Did you know that if you read the same word over and over again [block block block block block] it will cease to have any meaning to you? It's called 'familiarization'. But then, whatever...right?
Yesterday we had an 'open house'. Almost all the Malaysian medical students here, at Mansoura, came. I was in-charge of the 'rendang' and everybody went crazy over it. "Ee~ sedapnye rendang ni! Sape masak?" Oh~ puh-leaze lar! Of course you are not going to believe that I actually slaved myself to cook an 'original' rendang when there are easier ways to cook it? [like pizza delivery] Haha...think about it.


Then there is that bloody 'IP address conflict' problem...man~ I really hate it! I keep wondering why is there such a problem. But, it is not that weird, actually. All you have to do is steal another person's IP and everything will be as good as new.
***
I just watched the 2nd episode of The Black Donnellys and I think that it did not succeed because it is just way too depressing to watch Tommy fight. He fights for Jimmy, he fights for Jenny, he fights for Sean...and he fights for himself. It is just way too much emotion involved, maybe, and not much joke to lighten things up. I feel bad for Kevin when Tommy dragged him around to get rid of Louie Downtown's body. Kevin is cute because he is always so clueless about anything...and all he can think of is gambling [even when he never won anything]. Jimmy is the bad boy. Sean is the pretty boy. Tommy is the macho guy who is everything; smart, independent, torn, hurt...and hard to watch because he is just so everything that you kinda feel sorry for him because everything is on his shoulders [even when they are not supposed to be there]. Joey Ice-Cream is not that funny, by the way.

sO~ the last movie I watched was Knocked Up and I simply love it. It is funny, sarcastic, real...and kinda sweet. Haha...viewer discretion advised [warning ala2 House]

This is really sweet and creative:
:: Snow Patrol's Signal Fire music video ::
Comments