~* a fine story to tell *~

The other day my lil bro came home looking so gloomy that I can swear a black heavy cloud was following him around in the house. He did not say anything, though. He just walked around as if the world did not matter anymore and everyone did not care. Thing is, one of the things that really irritates me is someone looking depressed for no real reason. So, I said to him, "What is your problem?!" [yes, I shouted...I have no patience for these kinda matters] But he just sat on the table while resting his chin on his arms. Then, my lil sis spoke up for him, "He got hell from the teacher today." "So what happened?"

It began like any other Friday; with a spot-check [is this how you spell it? but you get my point right?] They were scouring the whole school for mobile phones. So, they found 2 mobile phones from my lil bro's class. Now, the class teacher is a discipline teacher known for her astounding and strict nature [pemilihan perkataan yang amat pelik, gomen] Like any caring class teacher, as soon as she knew about the mobile phones, she strode into the class with a very menacing manner. She called up my lil bro, for he is the class monitor, "Why is that guy not sitting in his place?" "Well, he is just hanging around there" So the guy went back to his real place. Then teacher asked for the coordinates. My lil bro told her that he already put it away because they did not use it anymore. The coordinates were an old one because they already rearranged the seating due to an order she gave a few months back. "WHY??? YOU ARE SO STUPID!!!!!" Of course she made all the students jumped out of surprise. Then she went on and on, rambling about everything and nothing at the same time while stating that she still kept her coordinate papers [so why the hell didn't she just ordered someone to get it for her? duh~] She ended the ranting dramatically by saying "Go to hell la you all!!!" and stomped out of the class.

I did not make this up, this is a true story of how anger can be really dangerous. Honestly, I never thought I could see a day when a teacher can be so dramatic over such a trivial matter. For all I know, these things can be settled without much hassle. Of course, it made me mad; but not just because he cursed at my lil bro, but because of the psychological effect it can have to those form 1 students. Yes, they were only in form 1; 13 years old. These kids who could not watch movies which have the f* word. How could she just shout like that to them? Does she scream like that to her children to?

When she made such a drama over nothing, all I can think of is that she is just angry because of the reputation. Maybe she could not fathom why was there mobile phones in her class when she is the most feared discipline teacher in the school. Well, I know it sounds selfish, but since I went to that school and knew almost all the teachers there, I can imagine.

If we keep on thinking about ourselves, what is going to happen to this world? Aren't we, the older ones, suppose to show a good example for the younger ones? What is there to be gained from showing our anger towards the undeserving ones? For all I know, by doing such unnecessary acts, all we hurt is our respect. How can she expect the students to listen to anything she says after this? If all of her class fail in her subject, I don't blame the class. Honestly, these kind of people really irritates the hell out of me.

Sure, I have a bad temper too. But as I grow older, I learn to control it and just flush my anger in a more appropriate way. We keep saying that our children are our future but is the way we teach them now secure our future? If everyone work hard and try their best, I can believe that we really mean them as our future. But, if we keep on abusing our power, treating the children as our problems rather than our hopes; what is there to gain? All we are doing is jeopardising our future.

For all I know, we learn from examples and examples do not come from dreams that we have each night. Examples come from reality, from the ones we see everyday and from what we observe. Let's just try hard to shape our future for the better, that is all I ask. As for the children: speak up and let yourself be heard!

Comments

Popular Posts