Peter Pan
[as long as children are gay, innocent and heartless]
[as long as children are gay, innocent and heartless]
I just finished reading J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan and I've fallen in love with Peter...haha. Of course most of you know the story about the flying boy with his lost boys. The story of them defeating Captain Hook's pirates and all the adventures they had. But, I do not know how many of us have really read the story and understand the real background of the story and who Peter Pan really is. After I finished reading the story, I kept thinking about the way Barrie portrays children; they are gay, innocent and heartless. He pictures Peter Pan as a true child, he is gay; he is always happy and nothing brings him down for too long. Peter is also innocent because he believes everything that people tell him that he even believes that make-believes are true. Like the way that sometimes the boys and him have make-believe dinners...heh. Then, of course, he is heartless.
There is also the subject about mothers in Peter Pan. Barrie, in the book, he sometimes salutes mother and at times he says that they can make such a nuisance out of themselves. All in all, it is a really great story that makes you think about the way the author thinks. If you watched Finding Neverland, then try reading this book with that movie in mind...and you'll find Neverland with all the magic and adventures in it.
It's almost midnight and I'm sleepy...

[tasneem zulaykha at Giant]
currently reading:

Comments