*finding happiness in the small things in life*
[there is a spider in the toilet that only comes out at night]




I read Warouq's blog yesterday and I realized that I am not the only person who feels that way. Because, just the other day, we [the girls and me] were talking about the same thing; how our life here is like living in a hostel, life is becoming too routined and that this is just not real. Of course, being the normal growing teenager in a foreign country that we are, we were complaining endlessly and hoping constantly that life can be better than this. But, really, after reading the confession of a medical student in Egypt that is going through a hard patch during this year's study leave, I got thinking...what is the better & colourful life that we are all yearning for?

Frankly, the matters that keep bothering us are always the same: how others' life are much better than us, that they are enjoying their lives to the fullest and here we are, stuck in front of medical textbooks full of spelling mistakes and words that cannot be defined by a normal English dictionary. We always want more, even more than the people that we are jealous of. We want to have friends, drama, colour and all the things in life that we see in other people but not us. We keep thinking that we can do much better than this and that we can succeed more if only our lives were different. But is it actually true?


If only we take a second for ourselves in this amazingly lifeless life that we have, maybe we can actually be happy...even if it lasted only for one bloody second. Honestly, let's look back in this life; this life that you are constantly unsatisfied about, there must be at least one moment when you were thankful that you landed here. Maybe it was a simple trip to a shopping mall, or a simple lunch you had at McD's, or just a simple night when you watched the whole series of Japanese drama together with your friends. Those moments maybe brief and only happened once, but it did happen and it was a part of your life!


It is never easy for us to look at the small things in life that make us happy when we are indulging in self-pity and endless moaning and complaining. Furthermore, when we meet a few people that actually agree with us, it will only add more moaning, complaining, unsatisfaction and further agreement in everything that makes life suck...in the end, you will get nowhere and end up right where you started. Maybe, when you feel like all the walls are closing in on you, maybe you just need someone to disagree with you. It may not be pretty at first, but by the end of the day, if you spent the whole day with that person, you may just see that this life is actually worth living.


I am not going to say, "Hey~ you chose this life, so live with it!" Because, I understand that some people did not actually chose to end up here; we just do. We just happened to end up in this life. But, seriously, if we keep on being such a pessimist and a cry-baby...what is the point in living? It is not that hard to find drama and all the colours of life. All you need to do is get out. Even if you just live your life in your room, you can still find drama. The net has all kinds of drama in it; check out the news or a new video in YouTube.


As for me, I find happiness in updating my blog and telling others how I feel. That is why I can update my blog almost everyday because doing it makes me happy and helps me to go on with my life. I am not going to be a hypocrite by saying that I do not have any complaints in life. But I am just going to say that I am trying to find my bliss in this stormy and cloudy everyday of my life. Try writing emails, or sending birthday cards. Maybe just talk about that spider in your toilet that only comes out during night...you never know, you might just end up laughing like crazy and feeling good about your day.



All in all, stop complaining, stand up straight and face everything. Because, no matter how much you hate this, this is your life and your life it will be until you die. So make the most out of it. Do not end the day with regrets. Look forward, watch your back and be different when everyone else is the same. So that when they talk about you, they will have something to talk about and you will be remembered.

[God~ I sound like some old lady that already went through everything in life...haha. Hey guys, cheer up! In a few weeks time we will be back in Malaysia~~~~ yeay2]

Comments

Popular Posts