this time around...
[on my way]



To be honest, it is not the fact that I have to answer bloody long essay questions and sit for 3 hours on a wooden chair while waiting for some sort of revelation to come to me in the depressing examination hall are what I hate about the exams. Interestingly, it is the fact that everyone is racing around in the exams is what I honestly despise. There are times when you feel that you cannot go on and you feel like you cannot make it anyway and these feelings are at their peak during the study leave. Honestly, if I do a depression test right now I know that the marks will be higher than my average mark and I would not be surprised if it doubles up like nuts. Not that I am such a pessimist, but while trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground, somehow that premonition came to me...hahaha~


Actually, I do not hate the fact that exam is a race...because, no matter how you run, you cannot run from that fact. But, somehow, during these times I notice that some people tend to be more selfish and only think of themselves. This does not mean that I want to be pampered the way I am always pampered by the people at home. But I do need some kindness and encouragement around here. Some people just think of themselves and sit in front of their table with their reading lamp turned on, even when their stomachs are grumbling like crazy, they can still ignore that and read on. 'Everyone' is hoping that 'someone' will fix something and we can all enjoy a lil lunch. But the fact remains that 'someone' is a part of 'everyone'. So, 'someone' needs to cover the whole textbook too and that 'someone' is not a single specific person; meaning that 'everyone' can be a 'someone'...know what I mean? Let's just stick together and we can all get through this...honestly~


The other thing about exams that really irritates me is that I have to be perfect. Ever since I was in primary school till high school and till now...it has been the same. Well, you can say that OF COURSE during the exams you have to be perfect, so what am I talking about? Needless to say, to the people who went through a bit of a rough patch during exams will understand that I am talking about compromise. Somehow, I have not found compromise when it comes to my exam marks. There was a time when I felt proud of my marks and some people went, "You can do better than this~" and there was a time when I purposely played around in my monthly test and the marks were still above the average but everyone went still went crazy. Honestly, do we really have to be that perfect until that we cannot even slip a bit? Because, as far as I know, no one is perfect and that we really try to be. But, there are times when we will feel that somehow we need a helping hand and on that particular time we did not find it. So, a slip in the exams should not be treated as a big deal [although, motivation & punishment really does make your mind work wonders] because most of the time, it is a shared mistake. It is your mistake as well as mine. Meaning, maybe I needed help but you were not there; or you needed help but I was not there; or that everybody needed somebody but nobody wanted to be that somebody.


Anyhow, I know that everybody is working hard in this time of year and that everyone does not want to compromise their future. But, I really hope that even while we are running towards the finishing line, we do not choose forget the people around you. As I once said, our race is a race where we try to bring as many people with us when we crossed the finishing line. Somehow, some people are just not as strong as they look while others can move a mountain by using just one finger. All in all, everybody needs a somebody.



[most of the time, our words are the words of others & sometimes, we just need to look back and think about everything that we went through and how much we have grown]

^[hanging on]^

Comments

Popular Posts